Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Separated at Birth; Dandy Bloch and Andy Bloch

DANDY BLOCH vs ANDY BLOCH
Dandy Bloch
Andy Bloch
Remarkable n'est pas?

So the first time Dandy walked into my poker den, he took one look at the picture we had up of Andy Bloch "The Patron Saint of Passing The Dip".  He didn't know anyone except X and he turned to the group and said, "Hey this guy looks just like me!"  It is sick how right he is!  He's now played with us for years and I think his name is Dan, which makes the Dan part of Dandy Bloch make sense.  I can't be sure though, and I know that in some perverse way, nobody wants to know his real name.  It would ruin the mystique.

Strangely, we have another player in our game that is named Andy Bloch who also looks like "The Patron Saint of Passing the Dip".  He comes from time to time and nobody know his real name.  It might be Chris, I'm not sure.  I have no picture of Andy but when he plays again, I will post it here.  

As far as the real Andy Bloch (you remember, "The Patron Saint of Passing the Dip") goes, we have many stories yet to tell about our paths crossing with the friendly poker pro - it'll be worth the wait.

To summarize - We have a poker pro we regularly see named Andy Bloch and we also have 2 poker players in our game named Andy Bloch and Dandy Bloch.  So awesome!


4 comments:

Nat X said...

It's like Mrs. Dandy Bloch sayd "Dandy is a very handsome man...from the neck up". And what has happened to this game since I stopped being able to come? How the hell did Dandy EVER rake a pot that big??:D

Big Dipper said...

Very nice, Mrs. Dandy Bloch - that begs the question, "Does anyone know a good body shop? Anyone?"

By the way that picture was staged a couple of years ago X, we threw it together after you left one night and posted it on the old site. We had a story about how Dandy's AA beat my AJ when AJJ flopped. Dandy stuck to the story like Dollarama tape and told you the next day...The highlight of his poker career to that point was pretending that he won a big pot - go figure!

Big Dipper said...

I must add - both Andy and Dandy are possibly the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.

They would both give you the vest off their back, without a second thought.

Dandy Bloch said...

This is a very funny posting. Thanks Clay for the oportunity to show off my twin brother Andy Bloch.
I am very handsome from the neck up as my wife as let me know and X has not let me forget it.
AS for the staged win..... its a lie. i won it fair and square the only thing better would have been to have taken all of X's money that night..
cheers