Saturday, March 5, 2011

Poker in Books; My 50 Most Memorable Hands

I just finished reading My 50 Most Memorable Hands by Doyle Brunson, and wanted to pass along my thoughts on the book.



 Pass The Dip Review

This book is written by Doyle Brunson and was first published in 2007.  Texas Dolly has incredible recall and the hands he relates in this book span from his days in the Texas Circuit to the day the book was published.

The book is really well laid out with nice graphics for all the cards.  Each hand is given its own chapter that is only 2 or 3 pages long, so it is a quick read.  I enjoyed the back stories in each of the hands, because over the years the culture around poker has changed and Doyle has seen it all.  If you've read any of Doyle's other books, you will most certainly recognize most of the names that he mixes it up with.  From Stu Unger and Nik the Greek to Chip Reese and Phil Ivey, the big names are all here.

This book is the perfect bedside book, and I promise you, you will tell yourself "just one more hand". a number of times before laying the book down.  

No comments: