Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Poker this Friday, May 20th - Game Will Be Taped


If you've been following the blog and in particular, the Upcoming Games / Events / Open Invitations page, you will already know there is a game at my house on Friday, May 20th.

The tournament will be a rebuy tournament starting at 7:45 (show up at 7:30).  You can buy in OR rebut for the first 3 levels.  A .25 / .50 cash game will follow.

But enough about that.  The real news is that this will be a tape night.  Now that's something to get your reels a-spinning!  I have plenty of tapes to choose from and you'll all get some input on what gets in the deck.  For those of you experiencing a slight hiss in your ears, it is not old age setting in, it is nostalgia wrapped in a 4" x 3" plastic case.

It's going to be sweet!  See you Friday...

3 comments:

krampstar said...

tape night.....lol.... i'm surprised that you didn't make it 8track night that would make it more of a nostalgic evening for an old man like yourself. or are you trying to cater to the majority of the crowd like myself who is still youthful and can still remember that 6 3 offsuit is not a good hand.

Big Dipper said...

I don't need to play AA against you Brain Kramp to be a good hand. 63off is a great hand if it wins, and against you it always does. Starting hand rankings only go so far when you can be wildly outplayed post-flop.

On Friday, I will play 63 off against you and show it down or bluff with it to win a pile of Kramp gas credits!

Big Dipper said...

BK - Well I only got 63 off suit once while we were both dealt cards, but you folded before the action got to me (I played them to a raise anyway and folded on the flop).

The hand that I did crack you with was K5 of clubs which is almost as bad. Just wait until I get an actual hand!